On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 6:14 PM, Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I too think its time and support graduation to TLP.  Kevan also represents
>>> my intention wrt to involvement.
>>
>> It's customary for a mentor to stay on for a quarter or two to monitor the
>> project and make sure that there's a smooth transition.  It's not clear to
>> me that this is the role that you and Kevan intend to fulfill.  If so,
>> great.  If not, I can hang around until the apron strings are fully cut.
>
> Thanks Alan.
>
> I plan on following mailing lists and monitoring the community. As a member,
> i'll also follow the private@ mailing list. However, I would really rather
> not have a formal responsibility of PMC member. Perhaps shirking my
> responsibilities, but I'm already on too many PMC's for projects I've
> mentored. Harder to quit once I've started… Easier to avoid at the start.
>
> --kevan

Kevan,

I don't consider it shirking your responsibility to not continue on the PMC.

Alan, Kevan, and Matt,

We really appreciate your help to our project and community as our
mentors.  I doubt you had any idea your commitment to us as mentors
would be for as long as it has been.  Thanks for all the time and
effort you have put into mentoring us in the Apache Way!  It is
totally understandable if you want to cut strings with us as soon as
we graduate.  We would appreciate any input you have in the few months
after we graduate but understand if you want to limit that commitment.

Josh