Hi

There seems to be an issue with pGina and VCL.
One of the reservation steps for Windows image is to auto-login user 'root' on
1st boot to configure SSHD service.
Current version of pGina (3.0.12.1) doesn't support auto-login, so reservation
fails.

I've contacted pGina developers about auto-login option - it will be added to
the pGina 3.1 (next release, no due date). pGina 3.1.2.0 BETA doesn't have the
auto-login option yet.

Thanks.

On Jul 3, 2012, at 15:15 , Dmitri Chebotarov wrote:

> Hi
>
> Would LDAP authentication be better choice? In this case password policy
> already enforced by central LDAP server.
> Users would login to reservations using the same credentials as for VCL
> front-end (which uses LDAP auth)
>
> Linux already has built-in support for LDAP authentication.
>
> pGina works well for Windows images. I've not used pGina for extended period
> of time, done some tests and it looks good.
>

> Thanks.
>
> On May 30, 2012, at 12:11 , Josh Thompson wrote:
>
>> Dmitri,
>>
>> I like this idea as well.  I think to do it right, there should be password
>> strength enforcing criteria in place to make sure users have strong
>> passwords.
>> I also agree with others that it should be a configurable options.  Can you
>> go
>> ahead and create a JIRA issue for this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Josh
>>
>> On Friday, May 25, 2012 11:25:00 AM Dmitri Chebotarov wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Would it be possible, and is it good idea in general due to possible
>>> security risks, to add "Preferred Password" field on User Preferences page
>>> (under RDP File Preferences or Personal Information?) to allow user to
>>> provide a password for all his/her reservations?
>>>
>>> Then VCL would use this password (if it's there) for reservations instead of
>>> auto-generated password.
>>>
>>> This is not an auto-connect option, but at least it will make it easier to
>>> use VCL. For the last couple days I've been using VCL for some testing and
>>> it would be nice to have the same password for all my reservations.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> Dmitri Chebotarov
>>> Virtual Computing Lab Systems Engineer, TSD - Ent Servers & Messaging
>>> 223 Aquia Building, Ffx, MSN: 1B5
>>> Phone: (703) 993-6175