To: vcl-user@incubator.apache.org, vcl-...@incubator.apache.org
From: Everett Toews <everett.to...@cybera.ca>
Date: 06/29/2012 11:24AM
Subject: Re: RPM-ing VCL 2.2.1

Does anyone on the VCL core dev team have an interest in this? Should we
create a JIRA issue for it?

Regards,
Everett

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Curtis C.
<
serverasc...@gmail.com

 wrote:

Hi All,

I've been working on an initial spec file for VCL 2.2.1. Currently I

believe all the dependencies, CPAN modules included, can be obtained

from the EPEL and RPMForge repositories. If the project is going to

support RHEL and CentOS only then providing a RPM could allow you to

remove the requirement to run (and maintain) the perl libs install

script.

Still a bit more work to do, but I thought I would send it along

before I get too far to find out if anyone has

suggestions/comments/criticisms. :)

You can see it here:
https://github.com/cybera/rpmspecs/blob/master/vcl.spec

Right now it creates 3 packages: a main doc package (just contains the

sql files right now), a web package, and a management node package.

One question I have is about the:

use VMware::Vix::Simple;

use VMware::Vix::API::Constants

in the VIX_API.pm file. Those libraries are not, AFAIK, distributed

with VCL and the official install docs don't ask to have them

installed either. But the rpmbuild process picks those modules up as

requirements.

Thanks,

Curtis.

NOTICE: This e-mail correspondence is subject to Public Records Law and may be
disclosed to third parties.