Robert Milkowski wrote:
> I really like that way (fixed VT for kernel messages).
> Sometimes I get a lot of kernel messages and it would be useful to be able to
> login and look around without flooded screen with kernel messages.
> --

It sounds another good reason. But maybe someone will argue with the
following case (though it seems not very important to me):

        He writes a kernel driver, which will output some debugger info
        During init or attach of that driver. After he installs the
        driver, he has to switch to the fixed VT in order to inspect
        those debugger info.

BTW, when the system panics or enter debugger (kmdb), we must go to the
current VT or switch to that fixed VT firstly.

thanks,
Riny