Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 8:03:03 AM, Patrick wrote:
> I guess you missed the correct "setting" which fixes that bug: You
> bought a second DVB card.
> _VDR_ crashes when starting a timer while mplayer-Plugin is running.
> That's because vdr had to close the device to let mplayer open it. When
> the recording starts, vdr tries to open the device but fails:
> -> emergency restart -> close mplayer-Plugin -> quit mplayer.

Well, maybe a second DVB card fixes the problem, but this surely wasn't
what helped me. When I started with VDR half a year ago with one FF card,
I had this trouble with timers/mplayer but then I changed some stuff
during the time (settings, DVB drivers, newer mplayer version etc.) the
problem was gone for good for months now. And I bought a second DVB card
just two weeks ago. :)

Hmm I really thought it had something to do with anything I changed within
VDR's DVB settings.

--
Chris