Klaus Schmidinger writes:
 > On 11/14/07 17:24, Lauri Tischler wrote:
 > > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 > >> "Graziano Pavone" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
 > >>
 > >> [...]
 > >> imho that's a feature that must be in 1.5 !
 > >> as with the smart channel management.
 > >>
 > >> utf8 and subtitles are great achievements, what's next ? :-)
 > >
 > > You have to ask Santa-Klaus  ;)
 >
 > H.264 will only become interesting (to me) once there are hardware
 > devices that can replay it (aka "Full Featured DVB cards").
 > I am not interested in software players that might not even run
 > on my 450 MHz VDR.
 >
 > Until then, normal MPEG2/DVB-S does just fine for me.

Well, there is the HD-Extension card by Reel. It has no tuner but one
can just use a seperate tuner card or hope somebody builds a version with
added tuner/tuners in the future.
One could even run VDR on a stand-alone board with the same decoder
chip. But again, somebody would first have to build it in quantity.

Ralph