On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 19:57 +0100, Magnus Hörlin wrote:

> other diskless client overloads my network. Therefore I'm interested to
> know how hard it would be to modify vdr so I can run one vdr process
> with, say /dev/dvb/adapter0-3 and a second one on adapter4? Where do I
> start looking? Is it doable?

http://linux.die.net/man/8/vdr

-D num, --device=num
        Use only the given DVB device (num = 0, 1, 2...). There may be
        several -D options (by default all DVB devices will be used).

You could also use streamdev-client + server on each instance to allow
them to share resources. Not ideal but the best there is currently.

gdh