> I guess so, but I'm not going to ;-)
> This new driver appears to be stable enough now - at least I've
> been using it for a few days now without problems.

The new driver is fine, but what you might find is that new card and
features being released into the stock v4l mercurial tree aren't being
backported into multiproto - its been fairly static for awhile.

Hopefully your move toward multiproto might kickstart a move towards
widespread adoption (i.e. integration with the development tree) and
then eventually into the kernel itself.

Still, I'm pleased that VDR now supports S2 "out of the box", shame it
doesn't support h264 by default yet though! ;-)