On 01/27/08 16:54, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>>> Would it be possible to make that optional via compile time define?
>> I guess so, but I'm not going to ;-)
>> This new driver appears to be stable enough now - at least I've
>> been using it for a few days now without problems.
>
> *sigh* messing with kernel stuff sucks. Does a vdr built with the
> multiproto headers at least also work on vanilla kernels ie stable
> dvb drivers? That way one would only need to use different headers
> for building vdr but no extra kernel modules at run time.

I don't know. I just grab the latest driver from http://jusst.de/hg/multiproto
and compile it on my SUSE 10.3 system, running the stock SUSE kernel.
So just unload all DVB modules that come with the stock kernel and load
the ones from the multiproto driver. Works fine for me.

Maybe the fact that VDR now requires the multiproto driver will
finally make the various driver branches come together to *one*
DVB driver again.

Well, one can at least dream...

Klaus