El Thu, 7 Feb 2008 06:44:41 +0200
"Theunis Potgieter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió:

> On 06/02/2008, Luca Olivetti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > for hdtv - no.
> > > I don't see the h.264 hardware decoding. mpeg4 is not h.264.
> >
> > Maybe this thing can be hacked to run vdr or to be used as a
> > front-end: http://www.popcornhour.com/
>
> The popcornhour device (network media tank) is not linux :(

I read somewhere that it runs Linux, maybe they were wrong but I doubt
you can pack that kind of hardware and embed windows at that  price
point.
Of course the fact that runs linux (if it does) doesn't mean it's open:
as I already said these companies (sigma, broadcom) only take from
linux to reduce their development cost but never give back, not even a
single line of specifications for their hardware.

Bye
--
Luca