On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Steffen Barszus
<steffenbpu...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> sqlite i could imagine even in core - making the connection sql ->
> mysql -> mythtv -> bad , doesn't have any substance at all. And talking
> about people who would leave vdr for the reason of what i'm talking
> about doesn't add anything either.

I wouldn't be so quick to disregard user opinion.  I think it's
important to consider what people think who are using sql in a similar
way.  Do you honestly believe their first-hand experience in this area
is meaningless, and that all the complaints about it with virtually
nobody suggesting its a great idea is mere worthless chatter?  There's
a reason sql is unpopular.  It's unfortunate you think that has no
value and should be disregarded.  It seems you think anything or any
opinion that doesn't support the idea simply 'doesn't add anything'.
I know a whole lot of users who will disagree with you on that.

There are also other options that could be explored as well - and
should be if there's to be any changes made.

(Btw, Klaus has made it clear VDR was never intended to be a
server/client system.  Maybe at some point it will address that need
in a well-thought out way but as it stands now I'm not so sure it's a
good basis for argument.)