Hello!

> Could i again propose that permashift would have the same functionality
> as the old livebuffer had? I would like permashift to constantly record
> the channel you watch into RAM (or HDD if you want to break it :-) so
> that i could just hit rewind, and have the progralm i watch rewinded.
> Now permashift needs that i hit pause first..

It does exactly what you're describing! Direct rewinding goes into live buffer.
(That's what the "buffer saving blocks rewinding" option is about. :o) )

> The next enhancement would be great to combine permashift with the EPG
> and recording a program. Eg. I watch a program, and later decide that i
> want to record it, permashift would append from the buffer the beginning
> of the program to the recording that i turned manually later on..

Permashift does prepend the buffer to a recording, but it does not
consult the EPG about the length. To be honest, I don't consider this
a problem. Starting a recording earlier for safety reasons is the default
for ordinary recordings as well, and you can either fast forward when
watching the recording or cut it to fit the stuff you wanted to record.

Tell me if I missed a point or misunderstood something, but as far as
I can tell, Permashit 1.0 already fits your proposals.

Ciao,
                Eike