  From: Niclas Runarsson
  To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 10:58 AM
  Subject: [VFB] Knife for the backpack...

  I was tying at a hunting and fishing show this weekend and one of the ones
having a booth there was Wenger... and I got a chance to see and feel their
cruel pocket knife. Not 'functional'... but 'Guinness Book of Records
functional'. 87 tools... 141 functions. Every tool they have ever put into a
knife... in one single knife!!! (Having it in my hand I saw a 142:nd function.
Without even exposing a single one of the tools, you can still use this beast
as a weapon... it's that heavy.)
  I saw this on a picture a couple of weeks ago and the first thing I thought
of when I saw it was Bear Grylls and his program on Discovery Channel, 'Man vs.
Wild'. They drop him off in extreme places like deep djungles and deserts...
and from there he is going to find his way to civilization. At the start of
every adventure he says: "All I've got with me is a waterbottle, a flint and my
knife". This knife would be something for him. Talk about "always packing more
than necassary". Tools like 'shoe spike wrench'... 'cigar cutter'... 'club face
cleaner'... 'laser pointer'...  even a 'junior round blade' (that you simply
CAN'T cut yourself from).

  The guy in the booth said that the intention was to make one(1) of these, but
it turned out that people "just must have" these too (despite the price). Well,
I for one, sure can think of both one and two things I would rather spend a
spare $1200 on. LOL

  http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_17001.aspx

http://www.wenger.ch/scripts/Modules/Products/listOne.aspx?idProducts=319&idn=166