Iain, Kool.

I'll have to compare your list with my 'Emergency Survival Pack'. I know I
don't have the sutures in the med kit.
My wife came up with the ESP idea for just that- emergencies- like Yellowstone
going up (volcano), nuclulur (lol) holocaust. and other disasters of the sort.
We each have one in our vehicles, but we have to keep swapping them between
travel vehicles.  The list of what's in them would take two pages.

Our travel trailer is well-equipped if that is our survival mode, but if we
have to go on foot and rough it, we can grab the back-packs and whatever food
and water we can carry.  We do have water-purification materials. And I'll
carry my Smithy for game/protection in any case.

For fishing gear (vest) and survival, I make sure I have water-proof matches,
food-bars, a rain-parka & space-blanket, my Swiss Champ, and if in bear
country, my Smithy.

One might say "I'm loaded for bear."

Biggest chance in Wyoming of being lost or stranded is travelling remote roads,
hiking, or hunting.
Being injured is the next survival situation, or snake-bit.
I know of flyfishers who spent a night in the wild after severely twisting an
ankle wading in boulder-strewn creeks.

Has anyone tried Frito corn chips for fire-starters?  On TV they worked.

DonO

PS I did get a Harrington & Richards 'Handy Rifle' single-shot break-barrel
chambered for the S&W 500.  Short, heavy, kicks like a mule.
Keeps knocking the rear sights off, tho, so I need a scope for it.  With the
400gr. PSP rounds, it'll reach out 300 yds and knock down an elk.
With the 700 grain slug it will take down anything that ever walked. It was
very inexpensive ($170) and gave me a small (size-wise) back-up rifle to share
bullets with my pistol, but I don't take it fishing.