I only tried casting left handed once. One of the reasons I cast over my
shoulder when I need toJ

From: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com [mailto:vfb-m...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Don Ordes
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 10:26 AM
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [VFB] Switching Hands sending again

I'm a southpaw once in a while.  I cast left-handed when obstructions
prohibit a righthand backcast.  But I can also cast right-handed over my
left shoulder, but too many casts wear out my lower back, so I'll swap to
the left hand.

Drift-fishing is another time.  The guides love it when I swap hands to keep
the back-cast away from their heads.  With the wind here, a low side-cast is
preferrable, and that puts the guide right in the way of the cast.