Gudebrod was polyester, which is why they were drastically different than
Uni and Danville, which are nylon. The stuff my wife has in her embroidery
basket is all cotton. Maybe that is just what she prefers. I know that is
just anecdotal, but it is worth reading the labels before you buy just to
be sure.

The reason why I liked Gudebrod so much is that it was very thin and very
strong, it was able to untwist and lay down flat without fraying and I was
able to get thinner build up on the head of a fly.