"..how crappy of a file I am willing to post.."

bwahahahaa!

On 10/23/05, Verdi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Oct 23, 2005, at 6:31 PM, Gena wrote:

> I couldn't use .mov because of the file size - too large for dial-up.

This, for some unknown reason, is an often repeated and completely
untrue criticism of QuickTime.  By enforcing a limit on the bit rate,
you can make anything small enough for dialup - QuickTime, Windows
Media, Flash, Real - whatever.  The only limit is how crappy of a
file you are willing to post.
Here's a version of one of my videoblogs compressed to stream on a
56k modem.

I bring this up because I see Windows users site this often as a
criticism of QuickTime.
--
Verdi

Individual Fireant Use