Is that comparing 3ivx to mpeg4 from isquint or h264 from isquint? Its
not bad at both, but Id agree that 3ivx is a very nice mpeg4 encoder,
its hard to beat it for mpeg 4 quality when the right settings are
used. Were you using the isquint startup defaults or did you stick the
 quality option up? Were the better results in 3ivx quality or
filesize or both? How about encoding time? Feel free not to answer if
Im taking this too far lol.

I have a bad feeling in my stomach about 3ivx though. Its still not
been updated. A complete guess from me is that somethings happened to
the developers who actually made the clever bit of 3ivx, theyve not
released a Mac Intel version let alone a quicktime 7 one. Anyway if
this speculation is true, and 3ivx dont fix whatever is stopping their
development of the codec, then eventually it wont be an option
anymore. People should use it now if it gives you good results, but I
worry for the future, next time people upgrade their computers or OS etc.

Steve of Elbows