i've used videora
http://www.videora.com/en-us/
and mediacoder:
http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/

On 4/19/06, Harold Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Michael Sullivan or anyone who knows,

What do you find to be the best way to translate your video downloads to the format which the Archos players can play?  I've got an Archos Gmini 402 camcorder/player, and though it includes VirtualDub software, the software isn't able to translate .mov files.  So I've been opening my .mov downloads in QuickTime Pro, converting to .avi, and then using VirtualDub to convert to the type of .avi file the Gmini wants.

This isn't terribly difficult, but I'm thinking there must be an easier way --  a one-step process, rather than this two-step method.  Anyone know?

Thank you,
Harold

Fireant Individual Use

Sull