Making a blanket statement like that is very shortsigted, it's easy
to find "warning" signs after the fact and sometimes just sometimes,
you never know why someone committed suicide, that doesn't make it
the parents fault.....

Heath
http://batmangeek7.blogspot.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Lan Bui <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> In the end, I think that if you go above and beyond to possibly
>help
> someone, that is great. But you can't save everyone, and if you
> happen not to help someone, don't lose any sleep over it; it would
>be
> the parents fault.
>

> -Lan
> www.LanBui.com
> --------------------
>

> On Dec 18, 2006, at 6:23 PM, Zadi wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Today I came across a teen who had written a suicide note on
MySpace:

> <http://flickr.com/photos/karmagrrrl/326204445/?
> #comment72157594427411558>
>
> At first, I thought it was a joke - just a teen looking for
attention.
> But when I clicked on his profile and read some of his blog posts, I
> began to realize that it may be real after all.
>
> It turned out it was real. And he was overdosing on pills. Rick
Rey, a
> fellow videoblogger, called the school and the authorities handled
it
> from there. Just a few moments ago I received an email from one of
his
> friends saying the kid was alive and holding on in the hospital.
>
> My question is... What should the protocol be in instances like
these?
> You see a suicide note on a social network site and you feel
> completely helpless. Luckily, Rick scanned the page enough to notice
> the school info, but what if there had been none?
>
> I feel like there should be a little box on all these social
networks
> that say "in case of fire, break glass." A red button of sorts. But
is
> that getting into a whole gray area?
>
> How does one ensure that young people are physically safe? Can the
> buddy system/top eight be more useful when things like this happen?
Is