Either way, I'm sure some enterprising young hacker will find a way
to install apps onto it.

If it syncs with iTunes, then at the very least RSS is available to
it (via sync). I'm going to assume QuickTime is implemented at some
level, too. Plus, if Safari is full-featured, then that opens
Javascript<->QuickTime communication.

Is Flash there? Not sure. If not, it may be Apple's way to stem the
tide.

I guess the ultimate question will be how bare-bones the OSX install
is, and how much control you can have.