And in the last few weeks, the one micropayment service I actually
used and got something good out of, Bitpass, closed shop with little
notice.

Bitpass ran the payment end for Mperia.com, which I had used in late
2004/early 2005 to sell spoken word mp3s, which served as a sort of
gateway drug into podcasting.  When I could get a much larger
audience out of podcasting, I stopped putting new work up at Mperia
-- which had as much to do about the community coming up around
podcasting as it did the shortcomings of Mperia.

Melissa

Melissa Gira
Sexerati: Smart Sex
The Future of Sex: Video Podcast