--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Gena" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 3. For me, I have to consider switching to a traditional license. I
> don't want to do that - I love the idea than some of the videos are
> being used by non-profits for their purposes.
>
> There has got to be a license for what I am trying to do but on the
> other hand I don't want inappropriate ads appearing next to some of my
> content.  One of my posts is titled "Love Prosper" about Christian Hip
> Hop performers. I get the willies just thinking about what kind of ads
> are going to latch on to that post.
>
> Not the best ideas but we gotta move from the theory to the practical.
> <sigh> I need chocolate.
>
> Gena
>
> http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com
> http://pcclibtech.blogspot.com
> http://voxmedia.org/wiki/Video

Can you expand on that?  What kind of license are you going to get
that would make any difference to someone aggregating RSS feeds?

It's not "Creative Commons" that's being disrespected.  They're
ignoring everything except the fact that you made a video and they can
subscribe to your feed.

Do you think they actually _watch_ the videos they aggregate to see if
there's a licensing block at the end?  Do you think, especially given
the response you received in this case, that they would bother to
remove each particular individual feed whose license they were
disregarding?  CC or Traditional?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by "switching to a
traditional license".

--
Bill C.
http://ReelSolid.TV