Building players that include links and attribution directly is great,
but for blip it's not a complete solution since we need to support every
format under the sun (from divx to mp4) in order to ensure content
creator flexibility and device / platform compatibility.  So while we
may build a Flash player that includes attribution and links in it we
won't be able to do that with, say, mp4 files which don't have a
container to build such tools in.

I suppose that we could offer people an option to lock their content
down and lose the direct references to video files in RSS and the like,
but that is somewhat counter to our philosophy.  We're all about sharing
media openly all over the Interwebs, and personally I'm not interested
in letting a few bad apples get in the way of that.