Oh indeed I do know that is the nature of the "biz" but I can't help
but think, maybe an ad for not smoking or maybe a company that is
doing "green" or social things, etc...maybe that would have been a
better fit than the ad that was on there...again I know the realility
but for me this was the first time it really hit me...maybe it's
because I know Jay and Ryanne, I don't know...but...

Heath
http://batmangeek.com
http://heathparks.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Cammack"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
> agree with you for the most part.  The thing that SUCKS for me with
> overlay ads is that you don't know when they're going to come up, so
> as the content creator, when you go to font someone in THE LOWER 3RD
> OF THE SCREEN, some bullshit ad comes up over your title and the
> effect you were creating as art is completely lost.  If that's the
> only time you mention someone's name/title in the piece, people are
in
> the dark the whole time.
>
> Also, like you said, overlay ads of ANY kind destroy immersion, but
> like I said, it's about making your money back, not making art that
is
> poignant and has the desired effect on the viewer that the artist
> (content creator) intended.
>
> Removing ads would defeat the purpose of doing the videos in the
first
> place. (Again, having nothing specifically to do with boingboing)
>
> Bill Cammack
> http://billcammack.com
>
> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Heath" <heathparks@> wrote:
> >
> > I am glad jay and ryanne are back safe, I am glad that boing
boing
> > and others are trying to report things....but....and for me it's
> > big but....the ads on the video piece from boing boing turned me
> > off....I mean, here are jay and ryanne talking about people being
> > detained and how that they are basicly trying to get out of town
> > before they themselves are detained and I get some upbeat rockin
ad
> > for, heck I don't even know but it just seemed sooo out of
> > place....it detracted me from the overall message...maybe it's
just
> > me...but.....
> >
> > Heath
> > http://batmangeek.com
> > http://heathparks.com
> >
> > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Rupert <rupert@> wrote:
> > >
> > > http://tv.boingboing.net/2008/08/25/boing-boing-tv-proti.html
> > >
> > > "Last week, eight American citizens were detained in Beijing
for
> > > participating in pro-Tibetan sovereignty protests near the site
of
> > > the 2008 Olympics, with Students for a Free Tibet. Two
> > videobloggers
> > > who documented those protest and guerrilla art installations
> > evaded
> > > detention, and spoke to Boing Boing TV on Friday Beijing time
> > about
> > > why they were there, what they witnessed, and why it mattered.
> > >
> > > "Jay Dedman and Ryanne Hodson of Ryanishungry.com spoke to us
over
> > > Skype from a hostel in Beijing. One of the actions they
documented
> > in
> > > photo and video was the hanging of an "LED throwies" light
banner,
> > > below, which read "FREE TIBET." We agreed to hold this Boing
Boing