I don't accept those excuses on their behalf. My point is not about
art, or they way the advert affects the way the viewer engages with
the interview.  I wouldn't expect them to give a damn about the
effect on the aesthetics of the video their ad is inserted into.

My point is about them not realising or caring how bad it makes them
look.  In this case, it's not an automatic ad server.   It's an
advert that's been edited in there by a human editor.  If they think
the human editor who's inserting their advert can't make a basic
judgement call about which of two versions they've supplied - low key
or upbeat - to insert into a low key or upbeat video, then they
assume the editor is an idiot, and why are they allowing their advert
to be included in that video at all?  That's not an argument that
stands up in this case.

And in this case, the inclusion of that version of the advert made
their product look cheap and shitty.  That's the point.  That's why
they're so stupid.  If they'd just given the editor a version without
the music - not a big deal, given the money spent - it would have
been fine.

But that's not the way they think - probably for all the reasons
you've given.  So they waste their money, instead of spending a tiny
amount more of their own time producing a slightly alternative
version.  Surely in the future, agencies will be smarter and wise up
to the control they have over the context in which their adverts are
displayed.  If it were me, I sure would.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv