I was just about to buy myself an HD Xacti - but after reading that,
I might get myself a Flip Mino HD instead.  Last time I saw a Flip in
action, I was amazed by how the sound and image were so much poorer
than the video on my cheap digital stills camera.  I was sure they
were going to go bust.  Sounds like they've sorted it, and had the
money to stay afloat.  Does anybody here have anything they've shot
on a Mino HD that I can look at?  And, more importantly, listen to?

One of the commenters mentions the Kodak Zi6 alternative, which has
rechargeable batteries and removable SD card instead of having to
recharge and download by USB every time you run out of juice or space
- so that sounds better for extended roaming use.  My four year old
little Kodak point and shoot digital camera is one of the best (and
most durable) video cameras I've had, with great sound and colors,
even though the camera body is ugly.

One of the other commenters mentioned that the buttons on the Flip
were badly designed so they go off accidentally in your pocket,
record stuff, delete stuff.  Any experience of this?

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv