I forgot that Vimeo has sample clips of just about everything.

Learnt there that the Kodak Zi6 has low light problems and is being  
superseded by the Zx1 next month, which has a smaller screen (only 2  
inches) but has a splash proof / weather proof case.

On 20-Mar-09, at 9:08 AM, Rupert wrote:

I was just about to buy myself an HD Xacti - but after reading that,
I might get myself a Flip Mino HD instead. Last time I saw a Flip in
action, I was amazed by how the sound and image were so much poorer
than the video on my cheap digital stills camera. I was sure they
were going to go bust. Sounds like they've sorted it, and had the
money to stay afloat. Does anybody here have anything they've shot
on a Mino HD that I can look at? And, more importantly, listen to?

One of the commenters mentions the Kodak Zi6 alternative, which has
rechargeable batteries and removable SD card instead of having to
recharge and download by USB every time you run out of juice or space
- so that sounds better for extended roaming use. My four year old
little Kodak point and shoot digital camera is one of the best (and
most durable) video cameras I've had, with great sound and colors,
even though the camera body is ugly.

One of the other commenters mentioned that the buttons on the Flip
were badly designed so they go off accidentally in your pocket,
record stuff, delete stuff. Any experience of this?

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv

On 20-Mar-09, at 8:07 AM, Jay dedman wrote:

Intersting post about how the Flip camera has evolved into a pretty
great,
inexpensive camera:
http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/03/19/flip-video-wrong-wrong-wrong-and-
then-so-so-right/

The San Francisco-based company is well known today for creating
extremely
 > small, well designed and inexpensive video cameras that take
 > exceptional
 > video. And the software that comes with the devices provides easy
 > to use
 > tools to edit that video and upload it to the web. But Pure Digital
 > wasn’t
 > always selling hit products - it took seven years for the company
 > to get it
 > right. In the meantime, they launched products that just weren’t
 > quite the
 > right thing at the right time.
 >

Jay

-- 
http://ryanishungry.com
http://jaydedman.com
http://twitter.com/jaydedman
917 371 6790

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv/
Creative Mobile Filmmaking
Shot, edited and sent with my Nokia N93

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv/
Creative Mobile Filmmaking
Shot, edited and sent with my Nokia N93



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/videoblogging/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/videoblogging/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[email protected] 
    mailto:[email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to