You know I think there are U.S. laws about using online networks to promote
hate speech. The problem is defining hate speech. I have seen on both sides of
the political spectrum in YT that the comments get beyond vicious in their

Just take a look at what some of the comments are saying about Susan Boyle?

There is no dialog, there is Springer-speak, it is insecure young men jocking
for attention. There is also the push out of original content for the
equivalent of online DVR. That is why Hulu is kicking butt.

There will be a solution to this problem. Economics are going to force it to
come to pass. Having this happen is too risky for Google to allow the
possibility to continue. If they are smart they will act now.

Because the next time it will be a young white women full of life that someone
will stalk and kill. And FOX, Nancy Grace and every tabloid will run to the
bank with it.

YouTube will have to move to a model of corporate/PR/creative advertising and
safe source videos. Citizens, unless it is truly a breaking news story, will be
pushed out.

I don't want that to happen but unless they hire 24/7 moderators and have a
mechanism for knocking down the vile level in the comments I don't see they
would have a choice.

It is past time for YouTube to evolve.

Gena