I have not had to do any hardware/ software maintenance or tinkering  
around with the OS on my laptop in 4 years. It's on nearly 24/7, 365.  
It just works.

I had malicious water catastrophe which was terrible, but I've never,  
ever had to monkey around with the OS or anything.

I'd say it's well worth the extra $1000 over the course of 4 years.

Is it perfect, no, but I just can't imagine going back to a PC.

I have thought about it though, as the cost of PCs has really  
dropped, but I don't think it would be worth it in terms of time wasted.

peace,
Ron Watson
http://k9disc.blip.tv
http://k9disc.com
http://discdogradio.com
http://pawsitivevybe.com



On Apr 17, 2009, at 9:43 AM, Heath wrote:

>
>
> well......since Rupert and Verdi said something....I guess I can  
> chime in. As you are all aware, I am a PC guy, edit, work, etc on a  
> PC. Now I have, in the past expressed my frustration with certain  
> aspects of windows, however, as an everyday work PC and editing PC,  
> it's worked most of the time. Now, I don't want to hear that  
> nothing ever goes wrong with a Mac, because we all know that's not  
> true, it's a machine with moving parts, things break....
>
> I have looked at a Mac a few times, but the cost is prohibative.  
> Cause it's not just about the hardware, everything I have as far as  
> ecosystem is related to a PC, and yes I can run boot camp or I can  
> run programs virtually but I still hear of problems with that at  
> times. And then I still have to buy a full version of the MS OS,  
> which further adds to the cost....
>
> I am not anti Mac, but for me and my budget, I am still better off  
> with a PC, even adding in the cost of virus software.
>
> I have learned that it's not really about who is better, it's just  
> about what you like and what you are used to....and what works for  
> you as a person...for me a PC works, even when it's a tad  
> frustrating....In fact I am getting ready to get a new computer  
> when I move into the new house....not sure which yet, but it's just  
> time for a new one, maybe a blu-ray player as well :-)
>
> Now if I was good looking, maybe I could get MS to pony up some  
> money and be featured on one of those, "I'm a PC" commercials....
>
> Heath
> http://heathparks.com/blog1
>
> --- In [email protected], Rupert <rup...@...> wrote:
> >
> > I can't believe nobody took you up on this.
> > But yeah, I agree.
> > I've had to live with both Windows and Macs for the last 10  
> years, and
> > Windows has caused me and my clients many, many more headaches than
> > Mac. And that's mostly just XP. For me, there's just no comparison
> > between the nightmare of Vista and Mac OSX. I know three people who
> > have gone Mac in the last few months because they just couldn't cope
> > with Vista any more. Unsurprisingly, they're now calmer and happier.
> > Though I suppose I shouldn't be too hard on Windows - back when I  
> was
> > doing local freelance IT support, the suffering it caused paid my
> > mortgage.
> >
> >
> > On 16-Apr-09, at 6:20 AM, Michael Verdi wrote:
> > >
> >
> > > On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 7:58 AM, Michael Sullivan <sullele...@...
> > > > wrote:
> > > > 2+ years experience using a macbookpro everyday...
> > > >
> > > > macs are way over-hyped/over-priced.
> > > > but hey, you'll be hip like that. ;)
> > >
> > > 9 years of making a living using Apple's pro laptop (15 years  
> going
> > > back to my Mac SE) and I have to disagree with that vigorously.  
> All
> > > the time and frustration I've saved while just being able to  
> get on
> > > with getting things done is not to be discounted. I'm not  
> saying they
> > > are perfect - they're not but come on.
> > > Not wanting to start a platform war...
> > > Verdi
> > >
> > > --
> > > http://michaelverdi.com
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
> 



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to