Thanks for all your suggestions, and yet, I'm still going back and forth with
the filmmaker trying to help her understand all the legalese.

On top of that, now I've got another vendor (vtape.org) who is clueless about
PPR and whom I quote, "Public performance is rated on levels of presentation
beyond home use. Circulating and using in College and University classrooms is
actually a level of public performance rights and requires a rate that reflects
this type of purchase."

Therefore may I beseech someone to write up an explanation addressed to
filmmakers and film distributors that clearly and simply states what PPR,
home-use, lending, the TEACH act etc. means in relation to libraries?  It would
be wonderful to be able to send out a pdf that says it all, rather than
spending a whole morning going back and forth over these issues again and again.

Thanks in advance,
Janice
California College of the Arts