Except for a couple things (DVDs) that are on reserve, all of our AV is on open
shelves.
Our DVDs & remaining videos are together in an AV section. The limited CDs
(audio or ebook) are shelved with the books and CD-ROMs (software) are mostly
still in the sleeve bound in the book. The few CD-ROMs that couldn't be left in
the book are in a DVD/CD storage case and shelved with the book.

So far our loss has been minimal - maybe 2 in the 7 years I've been here. Those
were CD-ROMs missing from returned books. We did have one instructor lose the
storage box - but not the DVD!  We do use 3M security overlays on our DVDs and
CDs/CD-ROMs, so that may help.

Lynea

Lynea Anderman
Director of the Library
lander...@pit.edu<mailto:lander...@pit.edu>

Advisor:  Phi Theta Kappa, Alpha Psi Mu Chapter
Advisor:  Chi Alpha Epsilon, Chi Chapter

Pennsylvania Institute of Technology Library
Phone   : (610) 892-1524
Fax         : (610) 892-1523
Library website: http://my.pit.edu/content/studentservices/library.aspx
Library catalog: http://pitcat.pit.edu<http://pitcat.pit.edu/>

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world.
They control information. Don't ever piss one off."
~ Spider Robinson
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained within this email is intended
for the addressee only.  The message may contain confidential information, and
the wrongful distribution or communication of such information is prohibited.
If you receive this email in error please notify the sender immediately by
reply email and delete the email including any attachments.