Hi all,

A quick note on this from Alexander Street.  We're not just about
collections anymore!

ASP's  Academic Video Store <https://academicvideostore.com/> relaunched
over the summer, streamlining the user experience, and making it easy to
order DVDs, three-year streams, or perpetual streams in one place. Right
now, we have more than 4,300 titles available, from producers such as ZED,
Electric Sky, TVF International, Journeyman Pictures, Point du Jour,
California Newsreel, Danish Broadcasting Corporation, Filmakers Library,
Microtraining Associates, and more. And we’re adding approximately 1,000
titles each month. This month, more than 1,000 titles from the BBC will be
uploaded.  Future releases this fall will include content from Collective
Eye, Ampersand, American Public Television, and others. We’d love to hear
what you think and what else you’d like to see made available.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us for more information, feedback et
cetera.

Thanks,

*Jordan D. White*
*Senior Product Manager*
*Alexander Street Press*
*703-212-8520 x307*
*
*
*Learn more about Streaming Video at Alexander Street
Press<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfOqWQaiiQY>
 today!*

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Jeffrey Pearson <jwpea...@umich.edu>wrote:

> They did not have their own portal so we streamed on our own. ASP does
> not carry the film I was looking for, "Makers: Women Who Make
> America," and my inquiries to CollegeAnywhere went unanswered so I let
> it go. ASP does sell streaming to some single titles (we bought
> Milgram's Obedience by itself), but mostly they sell collections.

> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Jessica Rosner <maddux2...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Jeff,
> > Under the previous set up did PBS have it's own portal for streaming or
> were
> > they just selling the license for institutions to stream on their own?
> Also
> > do you know if ASP carries all of the same product or only some of it? Is
> > the problem that you now have to license an entire collection to get a
> > single title?
> >
> > I am just curious about how these things work and are evolving.
> >

> > On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 9:50 AM, Jeffrey Pearson <jwpea...@umich.edu>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> PBS used to directly sell streaming licenses for individual titles,
> >> but no longer. See email exchanges copied below. What I did not
> >> include was my reply of complaint. I have attached their PBS
> >> LearningMedia brochure to this email, which I hope no one minds.
> >>
> >> Jeff P.
> >> UMich

*Jordan D. White*
*Senior Product Manager*