Ok, let me get this right. One week back from Market, home again home again
jiggety jig I forget everything I learned.

PDA = patron-driven acquisitions = your catalog has lots of videos listed but
patron choices determine what you buy. In the perfect world you decide if you
really want it for your collection, rather than succumb to yet another
"Epiphany of the Dead" request. They are available but not in the sense of
available. Patron sees a "request this from your library message." Or something
to that effect.

EBA = evidence-based acquisitions = you have catalog listings that actually are
there, available for viewing for a certain period. After that period library
picks the top 50, 100, 200 that percolate (I love that word!) to the top based
on use and other factors. That becomes the basis for the next cycle. Then what
happens?

Another thickener in this soup is something I was reminded at in ABQ. For
various reasons -- this is not an accusation, I'm curious as to why -- vendors
aren't putting all their films in the streaming collections, e.g. Latest
releases? Is that because they want to also preserve DVD sales ... A more
definite income stream? This is sort of analogous to JSTOR's moving wall idea
perhaps?

Unless you want to hire me as a consultant to ask questions in the boardroom --
will pontificate for sorbetto -- please help me oh wisdom leaders.

Best, Randal

Sent from my iPad