On Dec 6, 5:06 am, Tony Mechelynck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> thomas wrote:
> Vim can store the current time -- see ":help reltime()". Store it when the
> user types in the master password, compare it with the time when a password is
> needed, and ask the master password again if the time interval is "too long".

Yes, but how do you make sure the interval is ever checked? IIRC
CursorHold[I] events don't get triggered when vim doesn't have the
focus. And you don't know which value 'updatetime' has. If you check
only when the password is accessed, somebody could use the :debug
trick
even hours/days after you last used the password.

BTW I would really like to see timer events that get triggered even
when
vim is in the background. I started writing a kind of PIM plugin but
stopped at about 80% because I didn't have the time to find a way to
reliably show alarms in a cross-platform manner. But this is a
different subject of course.

thomas.