> Thank you, Ben!  That's exactly what I meant.

For this, keeping a variable in a script-local function would suffice
--
I personally haven't found a way yet to access a s:var. (If you know
of

Also, you will most likely have to define functions that decrypt the
stuff. So, if bad people really gained access to your terminal,
nothing
would stop them from calling these functions (calling script-local
functions isn't difficult). This could be less safe than keeping them
plain text in a script-local variable (which I don't know how to
access
from within an unpatched vim).

BTW maybe I missed something but if you store passwords in a script
local variable how could they show up in session files?

Against which kind of attacks would you like to protect the passwords?

#1 echo
:echo g:my_passwords

#2 session
:exec 'edit '. v:this_session