On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 7:01 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

> [...]

Assume that on doing the first branching last may, the reverse had
been done instead, that is:

    . the vim73 release is developed on the main branch (the 'default'
      NamedBranch)

    . creation of a 'vim72' NamedBranch where the critical patches of the main
      branch (the 'default' NamedBranch) are retrofited as vim72 patches

    . the 'vim73' NamedBranch does not exist

What would have changed:

    . no need to 'hg update vim73' when the branch was created (as most
      of us probably did at this time)

    . no need to 'hg update default' now (without forgetting to do
      first a 'hg pull'), once the vim73 release is done

What are the drawbacks of the above scheme ?

Xavier