On May 21, 2013 4:06 PM, "John Marriott" <basil...@internode.on.net> wrote:
> I have all patches for 7.3 from 1 to 1000. Setting regexpengine to 2 in
my .vimrc
> [...]
> Of course this doesn't happen when regexpengine is 1.

As I understand it, the default setting is 0 for a reason.  The new engine
isn't going to handle all the cases the existing engine does. The intention
of the default setting is to use the new one where it's better and fallback
to the old one when needed, so I don't think you should generally be
running with only the new engine active.

Cheers,
James