* Christian Brabandt <cbli...@256bit.org> [170808 21:50]:

> On Di, 08 Aug 2017, Tim Johnson wrote:
>
> >  The /usr/bin/vim.gnome binary, which is what I am using as my
> >  default MC editor does not have the redundant copy issue when
> >  running xsel as an external app.
> >
> >  The /usr/bin/vim binary is where the redundant copy occurs.
> >
> >  I'd conclude that some other feature in /usr/bin/vim is causing
> >  this.
> >
> >  Both /usr/bin/vim and /usr/bin/vim.gnome have both clipboard and
> >  xterm_clipboard enabled.
>
> Please show the vim --version output for both versions where it happens
> and where it doesn't.
  Sorry disregard the last attachment, I hadn't saved it! Must have
  coffee....
  This attachment should be complete
--
Tim

Redundant clipboard copy here - versions follow :
+acl             +cmdline_info    +emacs_tags      -hangul_input    +menu
     +mouse_xterm     -python3         +syntax          +virtualedit
+xsmp_interact
+arabic          +comments        +eval            +iconv           +mksession
     +multi_byte      +quickfix        +tag_binary      +visual
+xterm_clipboard
+autocmd         +conceal         +ex_extra        +insert_expand
+modify_fname    +multi_lang      +reltime         +tag_old_static
+visualextra     -xterm_save
+balloon_eval    +cryptv          +extra_search    +jumplist        +mouse
     -mzscheme        +rightleft       -tag_any_white   +viminfo         +xpm
+browse          +cscope          +farsi           +keymap          +mouseshape
     +netbeans_intg   +ruby            +tcl             +vreplace
++builtin_terms  +cursorbind      +file_in_path    +langmap         +mouse_dec
     +path_extra      +scrollbind      +terminfo        +wildignore
+byte_offset     +cursorshape     +find_in_path    +libcall         +mouse_gpm
     +perl            +signs           +termresponse    +wildmenu
+cindent         +dialog_con_gui  +float           +linebreak
-mouse_jsbterm   +persistent_undo +smartindent     +textobjects     +windows
+clientserver    +diff            +folding         +lispindent
+mouse_netterm   +postscript      -sniff           +title           +writebackup
+clipboard       +digraphs        -footer          +listcmds        +mouse_sgr
     +printer         +startuptime     +toolbar         +X11
+cmdline_compl   +dnd             +fork()          +localmap
-mouse_sysmouse  +profile         +statusline      +user_commands   -xfontset
+cmdline_hist    -ebcdic          +gettext         +lua
+mouse_urxvt     +python          -sun_workshop    +vertsplit       +xim

Clipboard single copy here - versions follow :