* Grant Taylor <drscri...@gmail.com> [170808 13:04]:
> On Tuesday, 8 August 2017 12:27:13 UTC-6, Tim Johnson  wrote:
> > When I select some text in visual mode and then press ;cc
> > the selected text is copied _twice_ to the clipboard
>
> What happens if you use the following sequence?
>
> "+y
>
> That should copy the selected (hilighted) text into the X11 clipboard.
>
> "*y
>
> That should copy the selected (hilighted) text into the X11 primary selection
> buffer.
>
> (Where "copy" is subject to the typical X11 issues with the source program
> still being available.)
 Yes, "*y copies to the clipboard - in a version of vim, where the clipboard
features
 are enabled. And only copies once.

 I've done a little more testing with different vim binaries on my
 system:

 The /usr/bin/vim.gnome binary, which is what I am using as my
 default MC editor does not have the redundant copy issue when
 running xsel as an external app.

 The /usr/bin/vim binary is where the redundant copy occurs.

 I'd conclude that some other feature in /usr/bin/vim is causing
 this.

 Both /usr/bin/vim and /usr/bin/vim.gnome have both clipboard and
 xterm_clipboard enabled.

 Happily, if I were to use /usr/bin/vim.basic, which does *not* have
 clipboard features enabled, then the xsel call works without
 redundancy.

 Not a big deal, just curious ....
 thanks for the reply
--