On Tuesday, 8 August 2017 12:27:13 UTC-6, Tim Johnson  wrote:
> When I select some text in visual mode and then press ;cc
> the selected text is copied _twice_ to the clipboard

What happens if you use the following sequence?

"+y

That should copy the selected (hilighted) text into the X11 clipboard.

"*y

That should copy the selected (hilighted) text into the X11 primary selection
buffer.

(Where "copy" is subject to the typical X11 issues with the source program
still being available.)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die