I will be traveling this Thursday from Opelika, AL (1
hour east of Montgomery, AL on I-85) to the Norfolk,
VA area.

The most direct route would be on I-85 up through
Atlanta; Greenville, SC; Charlotte, NC;
Raleigh/Durham, NC; into VA and then east on US 58
into Norfolk.  An alternate route is I-85 to ATL,
I-285S to I-20E and then pickup I-95 north into VA and
then onto US58 into Norfolk.

My first thought was the I-95 route even though it is
25 mi longer I thought I'd hit less traffic than going
through all the metro areas I'd hit in ATL,
Greenville/Spartanburg, Charlotte, Raleigh, etc.

Do any listees out there have recommendations on this
route choice?

I checked the DOT site for delays on I-95 but none
show up.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I'll be leaving
about 3PM CT Thursday so I'll be hitting downtaown ATL
about rush hour where as if I go S of ATL on I-20 I
thought I might miss the usual gridlock N of ATL on
I-85.

Thanks,

Mike in AL

In Christ and Christ alone,

MIKE MOREHOUSE

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation;
old things have passed away; behold,
all things have become new."
2nd Corinthians 5:17

Got a little couch potato?