Oh yeah, been here since the days of dial up modems and my wife getting mad
because her friends could not get through on the landline!!  LOL

Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Hadley <gl...@fmtcs.com>
To: Air-Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List <vintagvw@lists.sjsu.edu>
Sent: Tue, Oct 12, 2010 7:42 pm
Subject: Re: [vintagvw] The Listserve lives....

I am glad to see the traffic, even though it

reminds me a bit of the old days when I couldn't

keep up.  I used to be on the vintagebus list, but

the list Nazis were too much....

I've taken a bit of a vacation from VWs over the

last few years, but still have a barnfull- a 64

Ghia, which needs a tranny, a 76 bus in need of

quite a bit, including an engine, a 78 Westy that

is, sadly, rusted to the bone, a 76 'donor' bus

that is the new home for my Westy parts (when I

get around to it....) and a 'new' 72 hightop with

all the decoration (including paint job) in Iowa

State colors.... just getting some stuff fixed up

on it.  My first dual carb vehicle, and I'm

learning..... anyone out there who can give me

pointers?  It has what appears to be a 1700 with

solex carbs on it, probably pretty much original.

I love the listserve format, it's a cool way to

communicate.  I think I've been on it since my

dial-up days in the late 90's, I'm not sure....

glenh :<)

=