You can always try resetting all settings. It worked for me and several others.

Lois

-----Original Message----- From: Ben Mustill-Rose
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 8:37 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: no wifi connection

Hi,

The iPhone 4 antenna problem only effected the phone antenna; wireless
apparently was unaffected.
Your case or speedDots won't be blocking the reception which means
something more interestings going on here. At the end of the day, if
you're convinced its the phone, the only way to confirm is to do a
clean restore - E.G. not from a backup and see if wifi works.
Have you tried googling router model iphone 3gs where router model
would be replaced with the model of your router? That should bring up
people with the same problem if its a router issue.

Cheers,
Ben.