Hi, not sure why it's not working, but unless you installed some jailbreak tweak specific to changing how mail is handled, I would doubt that jailbreaking caused your mail to not work. I have a jailbroken iPhone 4S and before that, a jailbroken 3GS and never had mail trouble. Maybe your push settings are off. Not sure.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
"All my life, I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific." - Jane Wagner