I had a great experience with verizon when I went to get my IPhone.
The sales rep knew a lot about voice over, and some of the apps that blind people use. She helped me set voice over up, and was very nice, and professional.
Chris
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gail the U. S. Male" <gailcrowe1...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 10:56 PM
Subject: Wonderful customer service!

Hello list, I wrote a post to the list on Sunday, asking for help, trying to get a piece of an audio cable out of my iPhone four. This is a followup! I took my Iphone down to the Apple store today, without an appointment. I got
to see one of the guys at the Genius bar within half an hour.  He took my
Phone, went to the back, and tried to get the tip out of the jack. He then
brought me the phone, was very apologetic, about his not being able to get
the thing out of there! He then told me about a company called I fixit, and
found their website, filled out the form, that would have them call, or
email me, instead of just writing down the information, which I offered for him, since I thought it would make it easier for him. No, he wanted to make
things as easy as possible for me, seeing that I was blind, he was very
polite, and was as helpful as he could be, even after I told him my phone
was out of warranty, and I didn't have Apple care, since I couldn't afford
it, when it came close to the time for my warranty to run out. I then told
him I wanted to look at a couple of things. He said he'd hook me up with a
sales representative, and for me to just stay where I was, while he took
care of it.  He then came back, told me I was third in line, and that I
should just hang out right there, until the man got to me.  I waited,
probably 15 minutes more, watching the very large crowd of customers! Then I met Chris. Again, he was very polite, asked lots of questions about what
I wanted, and needed in a computer.  Now, I told the guy right up front,
that I wasn't going to buy anything that day, and probably wouldn't be
buying from that store, but buying something on EBay. He was totally fine
with that, saying they didn't work on commission anyway, and he wanted to
give me all the time, and information I needed, so that When the time to buy came, I had as much good information as I needed. He even told me where the
AT&T store was, right in the same mall, in case I decided to try and get a
simm card adapter, to put into an old phone I had. He then took me around the store, showed me an IMac, a mac mini, and a macbook air. There was a big crowd around the Macbook pros. He then asked me about buying a refurbished computer, and I told him that probably wasn't an option, but to tell me more
about it.  He then showed me all the computers, read the special deals on
the site, about refurbished machines, demonstrated speakers, sound, and
other things I wanted to check.  I even looked at a couple of docking
stations, to make sure that I could still hear voiceover through the dock,
if I ended up buying one. He even showed me a snazzy Bluetooth speaker. We had to take my Otterbox case apart, and he wanted to wipe the phone and case completely clean, before putting it back in it's case. I said Ok. He then
took the phone, then came back, and said he wanted to try one last time to
get the tip of the plug out of the phone. I said sure. He took the phone,
did some working around, came back, all smiles, and said it was indeed my
lucky day!  He had gotten the stupid piece out of the headphone Jack.  I
spent quite a bit of time with him, and he was really fantastic! This is a totally different experience than I have ever had before, from any computer
store!  After all this, they didn't charge me one penny, for the time, and
information I received. He then took me out into the mall, called security,
to help me find my way back out of it, and told the security guy where the
bus stop was, when the Security man didn't know exactly where it was.
That's what I call really good customer service!  If I hadn't already been
interested in a mac, that would have sold me right there!  This store has
always been very crowded, with people doing all kinds of things!  I even
eavesdropped on another sales person, helping a lady, who had just gotten a
new Ipad, how to get her files off her old one, and her computer onto the
new one.  Still really great customer service!Apple should really be
commended, for the training and customer service they give their sales
people!  I even asked him several hard technical questions, which he was
able to answer, without batting an eye. I've done this same thing in other computer stores, not gotten the correct answers, and was rushed through, and the sales people didn't know half as much about their products as the apple
sales person did.  Not to mention that I could get  my hands on the
computers, turn on voiceover and play around.  It was the most pleasant
shopping experience  I've had in a very long time!