Hi Jonathan,

First of all, welcome to Sonos, I didn’t know you had bought into it, but it
definitely is awesome.

As for the Connect, I understand that I could get any wireless headset setup
and plug it into the RCA line-out or Optical out on the Connect. But
considering that most of the wireless headsets I would consider are between
$300 and $500 I really was waiting for a true Sonos headset. If Somebody who
wouldn’t normally need a Connect has to buy one just for that purpose then it
also becomes a pretty expensive headset solution.

When I bought my first Sonos products in 2009 it was 3 Connect Amp which then
were called ZP120 and 2 Connect which were the ZP90 back then. They only had
those players then and actually a set of stand-alone bookshelf type speakers.
The Play 5 which started out as the S5 came I think in 2011 and I bought it
then. Anyhow, I am still holding out for a native Sonos headset as I am
convinced it will be coming at some point. My thought is that they do have to
release a new product sometime and now that they have 3 portable players, a
soundbar and Sub it must be something they consider especially considering that
I am not the only one asking for  it. I once talked to a Sonos customer service
guy and mentioned it and he said he gets people asking for it on a pretty
regular bases and you find stuff like “
<http://www.imore.com/dear-sonos-please-make-me-sonos-headphones> Dear Sonos,
please make me headphones! | iMore” when you Google around for  it.

What I really like about Sonos is the longevity of their products. While my
Zp120 units are now called Connect Amp and my ZP90 is now the Connect, they
still are essentially the same units even though mine are now 7 years old. It’s
nice to see a company that makes some good hardware which is then improved over
time with software updates. The only Sonos product which was a bit of a flop
was the 30-Pin dock which they sold back in the iPhone 4/4S days. It was I
think around $120 at the time and basically was a dock which acted as a
stand-alone player and it also had a headphone jack. I still have mine but of
course haven’t used it in many years since I don’t feel I want to invest in a
30-Pin to Lightning adapter and if I really want my iPhone connected I have a
RCA to 3.5mm cable plugged into the Connect Amp in my bedroom and I just plug
it in there, but mostly I just use Airplay since I have an Airport Express
connected to one of my other Connect Amp units to add Airplay to my Sonos
system. That, by the way, would be one of my other very few items of criticism,
I think at least the new players that were releaed in the last few years should
have built-in Airplay compatibility and all 3 portable players, the Play 1, 3
and 5 should have a 3.5mm headphone jack.

OK, off my soapbox I step since I have to get ready for work *smile*.