I downloaded digit_eyes lite, but from what I can make out, i am supposed to be
going along the shelves in a grocery store, chemist etc,having the iphone
record the barcode information as it is seen:  mind you, I haven't been able to
make it give the smallest squeak yet!
Once it has noted the barcode information of all the products I have shown it,
I can attach audio labels to those products and make a list of what I am
interested in.
I set up a bottle of gingerale on my display stand for it to identify, but no
such luck!  All it said was "scanning ...  scanning ... scanning.  The 3 dots
represent the loud click the phone gave between each announcement that it was
scanning.
It seemed to be, completely, blind to the fact that it had a bottle of
gingerale standing in front of it.
Well digit-eyes lite or heavy seemed to me to be out, so replacing my bottle of
gingerale with a can of paint, I let my trusty Tap Tap See loose on it, and was
told that it was apurple and red can.  Well the purple and red was additional
information but that of it being a can was nothing new because a can I knew it
to be.
Moving on to Camfind.
In the beginning, as TTS had done, I was told that it was a can, but the
colours were a lot more fancy:  cherry, strawberry and maybe something else
fruit-related.  No, there wasn't a bowl of cherries anywhere, in case you are
asking.
Then, without my appearing to do anything, I seemed to be hurled, into the
world of vehicle and personal accident insurance.  Where in the wide world that
came from, I haven't the foggiest.
I was told that I could get Tap Tap See to read a label, but I haven't found
the trick of getting it to do that.
Speaking of Tap Tap See, by far my favourite photo recognition app, so far, I
took a  photo in my kitchen cum sitting-room last night and got back a
description containing 6 separate details:  Detail #1: "medium-sized dog"  #2:
black short-haired coat"  #3:  "Lying on brown *fur carpet" #4:  "in front of
cupboard"  #5:  beside black steel wood burner"  #6:  "in the house!"  Not bad:
 huh!
I put an asterix beside fur as my home help has passed remarks on the amount of
hair that Guideon deposits on the carpet and the evidence of the contents of
the vacuum cleaner bag prove that she is not telling porkies, but have TTS
describe it as a *fur carpet was, I thought,  just a bit rich.

        Jewel