Hi Jewel,

    I loved your "fur carpet"! I think we are entering the world of the
euphemism, when we use these recognition Apps. I, for example, often use
CamFind, especially as a colour recogniser. When CamFind tells me that the
carpet is blue with a black and white celtic design, I am happy, but when it
says "antique carpet", I know it is time for a shampoo!

    When the same app looks at a charcoal drawing of me, it says 'portrait, in
charcoal, of a woman", but when I take a shot of my partner it says "blue
sports shirt!" am I living with the invisible man? Perhaps, so....

    From one living in a virtual world, Sandy.

Sent from my iPhone

> [...]
> iPad who are not sighted.   The product purchase also includes free online
> support and tutoring.
> Digit-Eyes is available in English, Danish, French,  German, Italian, Polish,
> Portuguese, Norwegian, Spanish and Swedish.
> Digit-Eyes
> www.Digit-Eyes.com
> The solution is in your hands.
>

> Sent from my iPod 6
>
>> On Mar 25, 2016, at 12:05 AM, Jewel <jewelbla...@kinect.co.nz> wrote:
>>

>> I downloaded digit_eyes lite, but from what I can make out, i am supposed to
>> be going along the shelves in a grocery store, chemist etc,having the iphone
>> record the barcode information as it is seen:  mind you, I haven't been able
>> to make it give the smallest squeak yet!
>> Once it has noted the barcode information of all the products I have shown
>> it, I can attach audio labels to those products and make a list of what I am
>> interested in.
>> I set up a bottle of gingerale on my display stand for it to identify, but
>> no such luck!  All it said was "scanning ...  scanning ... scanning.  The 3
>> dots represent the loud click the phone gave between each announcement that
>> it was scanning.
>> It seemed to be, completely, blind to the fact that it had a bottle of
>> gingerale standing in front of it.
>> Well digit-eyes lite or heavy seemed to me to be out, so replacing my bottle
>> of gingerale with a can of paint, I let my trusty Tap Tap See loose on it,
>> and was told that it was apurple and red can.  Well the purple and red was
>> additional information but that of it being a can was nothing new because a
>> can I knew it to be.
>> Moving on to Camfind.
>> In the beginning, as TTS had done, I was told that it was a can, but the
>> colours were a lot more fancy:  cherry, strawberry and maybe something else
>> fruit-related.  No, there wasn't a bowl of cherries anywhere, in case you
>> are asking.
>> Then, without my appearing to do anything, I seemed to be hurled, into the
>> world of vehicle and personal accident insurance.  Where in the wide world
>> that came from, I haven't the foggiest.
>> I was told that I could get Tap Tap See to read a label, but I haven't found
>> the trick of getting it to do that.
>> Speaking of Tap Tap See, by far my favourite photo recognition app, so far,
>> I took a  photo in my kitchen cum sitting-room last night and got back a
>> description containing 6 separate details:  Detail #1: "medium-sized dog"
>> #2:  black short-haired coat"  #3:  "Lying on brown *fur carpet" #4:  "in
>> front of cupboard"  #5:  beside black steel wood burner"  #6:  "in the
>> house!"  Not bad:  huh!
>> I put an asterix beside fur as my home help has passed remarks on the amount
>> of hair that Guideon deposits on the carpet and the evidence of the contents
>> of the vacuum cleaner bag prove that she is not telling porkies, but have
>> TTS describe it as a *fur carpet was, I thought,  just a bit rich.

>>> Best,