Nancy,
I agree with all that's been said. I'd encourage you to get the Speeddots screen overlay for your phone if you haven't already done so. I have one on my Iphone but not my ipod Touch and find that the dots are especially helpful for those times when text input is desirable/necessary. Once I had them I became much more confident and adventurous, lol. Also, keep in mind that you can adjust the typing mode. At first I used standard typing which uses the double tap gesture for keypress confirmation, but got into touch typing surprisingly quickly. With touch typing no text is entered until you lift your finger from the screen so you don't have to worry that just moving around will cause mistakes. There are good resources online and in hardcopy for beginners and listers are happy to answer the questions we all had at one time or another, so feel free to ask if you need help. As others have said, your own practice and exploration is the best way to learn. Hope this helps.

Susan

-----Original Message----- From: Dave Mitchel
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2016 11:09 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: IPhone SE question

david's are such wonderful people. lol
keep practicing. it took me a while also.

-----Original Message----- From: Nancy
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2016 7:34 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com

Dave,

Yipee!  I just used a 2 finger double tap to answer the phone. My
husband, David, is being very patient  with me calling him and asking
him to call me so I can practice.

I have not yet had much luck hanging up with the 2 finger double tap.
I'll keep practicing.  :)

Nancy